Saturday, June 21, 2014

Update on potential courses of legal action you can bring against McMahon's RV

First off, here is another important post from an Anonymous friend of McMahon's RV Consumer Warning:

On June 16, 2014 Mega RV Corp (McMahon's RV) filed Chapter 11 bankruptcy protection in the United States Bankruptcy Court Central District of California: Case # 8:14-BK-13770. I have reviewed the petition and there are numerous creditors identified. However, it appears to me that many of the customers have not been identified. If you want to be included to be considered you need to file a claim with the court. You can access the petition at http://rvdailyreport.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/06/McMahons-Bankruptcy-Filing.pdf or at http://www.cacb.uscourts.gov/. I would recommend that you file a claim with the court and send a letter to the bankruptcy attorneys representing Mega RV Corp, their name and address is on the petition. If you decide to file a claim and send a letter send it certified receipt requested. Also, file a complaint with the California DMV Investigation Division who is the lead State agency investigating McMahon's RV for criminal behavior.

Second: This week, I contacted a lawyer about a potential class-action suit. It sounds like this is a distinct possibility. We have been playing phone-tag the last couple days, but I hope to get details and go over some of the complaints from this blog, this coming week. CHECK BACK SOON!


8 comments:

  1. Did you see how many unpaid trade-ins were listed? Pathetic. I bet McMahon is still living high on the hog.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We were also ripped off. where can I get this list? thank you

      Delete
  2. I have huge proglems with Mcmahons. Would like info on any class action suit.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The creditor list does not identify all the customers that have an un-paid trade-in. I am one of those customers and I am not identified on the creditor list. You have to remember McMahon's created this list, hmm, how honest has this company been to this point? I find it hard to believe that McMahon's was not aware I was a creditor. I sent a Demand Letter in April, a second demand letter at the request of McMahon's Operations Manager in May and an email to Adam Obeid (McMahon's Attorney) in April, demanding my trade-in be paid off. So, once again, I have sent McMahon's bankruptcy attorneys a letter requesting that the Chapter 11 petition be amended to include my trade-in.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. If they sold your unit and did not pay it off that is fraud. File with the DMV it happens more then you know, I do know of one case where the owner spent 4 years in jail for the same thing.

      Delete
    2. We traded in our 2009 Keystone and Mcmahons never paid the loan off or the extended warranty. Can you tell me what Obaid email address is? Thank You

      Delete
  4. You must file the claim with the bankruptcy court, yourself. The bankruptcy attorney won't help. I currently have a lawsuit pending against McMahon's on behalf of my sister, whose trade-in was never paid off. I currently live in Florida but I'm licensed to practice law in California. Here is the form you must complete:

    http://www.wiwb.uscourts.gov/fillable_forms/ProofofClaim_B10.pdf

    The address to send it to is:

    United States Bankruptcy Court
    Ronald Reagan Federal Building
    411 West Fourth Street
    Santa Ana, CA 92701-4593

    Hope this helps!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Since you are a lawyer then you know that if you disput the bankruptcy and contest fraud charges it will not become discharged and then they will file a chapter 7 to discharge all debts.

      Delete