Monday, June 30, 2014

I am having trouble getting an attorney to follow thru with info on a class-action suit :(

Hey folks, I just wanted to give a little update on my lack of progress:

I have contacted two California law firm that advertise a speciality in auto fraud. The first, Scott Law Group, doesn't even get back to me when I leave messages...so that was a fail.

I have corresponded with the same lawyer at the Auto Fraud Legal Center twice now. We have gone over some of the cases on this blog together, and initially things sounded somewhat promising. Our last conversation ended with her telling me she'd speak with the bankruptcy experts at her firm to see if there is any action to be taken while McMahon's filed chapter 11. She said I'd probably hear back from her in a few hours--it has now been a few days. I have little faith at this point, as she blew me off the first time I contacted her two weeks ago.

If anyone knows a reputable and responsive law firm please let me know. I'd be happy to do some legwork if I have a reasonable lead. I genuinely want to see Brent & CO. pay for ripping off so many good people.

In the meantime, best of luck folks.

9 comments:

  1. Any lawsuit filed would be placed on hold while the bankruptcy is pending. It is really pointless, at this time.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Not really it is a ch11, not a 7. They are reorganizing, not liquidating. Go to the 341 hearing and make sure your are on the creditor list and pursue fraud charges.

      Delete
  2. My boyfriend a 28' Fleetwood Fiesta on 3/31/14 with the tag being expired in Apr 2014, which McMahon say it will be taken care as part of the registration fee that is included in the contract purchase. It's July now and we still haven't received our tag. My boyfriend went to the DMV today and was told the paperwork submitted by McMahon was incomplete. He was able to get a temporary tag but will have to call the DMV back in a month to see if the remaining documents have been submitted. Does anyone out there have this problem and was able to get your tag? If yes, can you please help!! Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. We traded in our Fleetwood Fiesta on a 5th wheel at the Westminster location. Curious if the one you bought was ours. It had a dark interior and the license plate started with 6HPE. Could this be the one you bought?

      Delete
    2. Go to the DMV directly and file fraud charges.

      Delete
    3. We've wrote a letter to the DMV Investigation and received a letter from them saying McMahon is under investigation. We're called BofA (who's holding our loan) to help us with the registration and they said that we've paid the amount to McMahon and can't help us because they are just a lien holder. However a lien hasn't been done on the RV because the DMV paperwork was incomplete. So...right now we don't know who is holding the title...McMahon or the previous owner where McMahon got the RV from trade in? Supposely in CA, the dealership transfer the title to the buyer with the bank/financing company being the lien holder. The DMV "hold" the title and will not release it until the loan is pay off and the bank release the lien. We don't know what to do now. Any suggestions?

      Delete
  3. My boyfriend bought an RV at McMahon on 3/31/14 with a tag expiring in Apr 2014, which he brought up and was told they will take care of all the DMV paperwork since the registration fee is part of our contract purchase price. It's July now and we still haven't received our tag. My boyfriend went to the DMV today and was told the paperwork was incompleted when McMahon submitted the documents. He was able to get a temporary paperwork to drive the RV with an expired tag but will have to have a month or two to see if the remaining paperwork will come through, which I doubt. Does anyone out there have this problem? If yes, please let us know what we need to do to get our new tag. Thank you.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Contact the DMV file fraud charges

    ReplyDelete
  5. Jonathan Kaplan is one of the best call him he is in West LA. 213 553 4550

    ReplyDelete